MLSA, a non-profit association which provides legal defense for journalists and supports editorial and journalistic development programs, is seeking a full-time editor with experience in journalism and drafting reports for civil society organizations.
- Excellent (near-native) English language skills
- Ability to compile news articles superbly and quickly in English and Turkish
- Above average computer skills and technical knowledge
- High level of interest in freedom of expression and internet freedoms
- Journalism experience would be a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Creating news content on press freedom and censorship
- Editing, and publishing articles from other writers who contribute to our websites
- Writing narrative proposals and reports for grant givers
- Doing research for and drafting annual reports on freedom of expression
- Keeping daily logs on MLSA activities, articles and access bans
- Assisting in day-to-day activities such as organizing events
If you are interested in this position, please send a resumé and a cover letter to email@example.com by Tuesday, June 30.
At this time, there won’t be an opportunity to respond to applicants not invited to an interview. Previous applicants to similar positions in the past are welcome to re-apply.